Our inspirational, insightful & highly accomplished WomensDay2018 presenters...
Kristiana Greenwood: Panellist
Chair - Facility Management Assoc. of Australia, | Founder - FM Innovations Pty Ltd (FMi) | Director - TEN Women
Kristiana Greenwood is a founder of FM Innovations Pty Ltd - a technology company established in 1997, that designs & develops FM software to address the many complex facets of property & facilities management. FMi has built a customer base of over 50 blue-chip clients across Australia, servicing more than 21,000 buildings & over 14,000 contractors.
"We’re challenging business & industry perceptions of FM & property management fields. Moving our core software to the cloud to enable accessibility, scalability & affordability. FMi is also breaking down budget barriers with pay-as-you-go finance options, without installation or ongoing maintenance costs. We’re future proofing property management & FM systems for our clients & this is only the beginning! ...staying at the top of our game is important. So, whether building, buying or partnering, we’re always looking to ensure our cloud solutions are the best available, now & into the future. Connecting, innovating, sending our goals & projects to new heights."
Kris has over 25 years business & marketing management experience, having worked in the UK, Italy, South Africa, France & Luxembourg. Born in England & educated in Zimbabwe & Italy, she speaks three languages (English, French & Italian).
Following a three-year term as the Victorian Branch Chair of FMA Australia, Kris successfully stood for Board membership in 2008 & was appointed (the first female) Chair in 2015. The Facility Management Association is the peak national industry body for facilities management - representing & supporting professionals & organisations responsible for the operational management of Australia’s built environments.
Kris currently holds the following positions:
- Director & Founder, FM Innovations
- National Chairman, FMA (Facilities Management Association) Australia
- Board Member, GOMO Foundation
- Advisory Board Member, Risk Dynamyx
- Director, TEN Group – Women in Property
- Committee Member, PCA Future Trends & Innovation committee
- Mentor – PCA Mentoring Program
Kris is a graduate of the AICD & has recently completed a 6 year term on the Advisory Board of School of Architecture & Building at Deakin University, as well as a year as an Ambassador for St Vincent de Pauls CEO sleepout in 2017.
Established in 1988, today FMA has branches in the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria & Western Australia. A primary focus of the Association is to ensure the needs of those working in & dealing with facilities management are understood & considered in government & business policy formulation/decision-making.
While in Australia, the FM industry employs 200,000+ people,
currently only 36,000 or 18% of them are female...
With approximately 60% of FMs in Australia between the ages of 40-59, there has been a “large wave” of the younger generation coming through & the FM profile is growing strongly - with independent research in the UK demonstrating that FM professionals can improve productivity in a building by up to 12%, plus other research showing they can improve a NABERS rating by up to 1.3 stars.
Among numerous big challenges the industry faces, Kris feels they include:
- the use of data in tailoring service provision
- the use of technology & automation in service delivery
- the ongoing education/accreditation of professionals & future workforce planning
"The expectations of clients & other stakeholders continues to rise,” she said "...& the industry needs to up-skill to deliver on those expectations - so education & training for FM professionals is key.”
Kris is also a Director of TEN Women (Group) Melbourne
TEN is a group comprising of 10 senior women leaders in the property & construction industry, with a mandate to facilitate empowerment for women through business or philanthropic opportunities. To connect & empower women to create a meaningful impact in the property industry.
While the business world is rife with networking events, our particular industry offers few genuine opportunities for women to network in an environment that is specifically suited to them. With this in mind, the lunch group has been formed to:
- provide opportunities for members to broaden their network and meet other senior women both from within the industry and from other industries
- facilitate opportunities for emerging senior women to meet professional decision makers (both members & their guests)
- provide a safe environment to discuss more tricky matters that may pertain to the workplace or outside of it
- facilitate empowerment for women through business, or philanthropic opportunities amongst members.
Founded in 2015, the current TEN Directors are:
- Fiona Dunster, Director, FIDUN
- Belinda Coates, Director, Clients & Strategy, Slattery
- Alexandra Lawlor, Executive Director Property & Sustainability at The University of Melbourne
- Sarah Horsfield, Director, Urbis
- Ruth Wilson, Director at Architectus
- Sarah Slattery, Director & State Lead, Victoria, Slattery
- Anthea Savidis, Business Development Manager, Watpac
- Louise Hansen, Director, Hansen Yuncken
- Kris Greenwood, Director FM Innovations
- Heidi Smith, Partner, Gray Puksand
TEN Alumni Directors include:
- Sharon Michael, Executive Director – Commercial, IFM Investors
- Angela Skandarajah, Partner, Minter Ellison
- Carolyn Viney, Executive General Manager - Development, Vicinity Centres
We look forward to you becoming part of our evolving network that is proving to be invigorating, supportive & constructive for all involved....
*To introduce yourself to Kris & learn more CONTACT